My first exam of this semester was for my Marketing class and I thought I understood the material pretty well from lectures and from just skimming the book a few times. But when i got into the exam room and started reading through the questions I realised that i was not as prepared as i thought i was. I did not completely fail the exam but i did do much worse then I though I would. I learned through this experience how to study for this class, and to use the resources I had available to me. I realised that smokin' notes are a godsend. For my second exam I focused all of my attention to them, read over everything highlighting the important parts, reading and re-reading out loud to myself until i knew exactly what the section was on. Lo and behold the second exam came around and I did great. My grade was almost perfect and I brought my over all average up by a lot.


Hey Adna! I see you failed in your first exam but quickly found out a solution to it. Good job. :)
ReplyDeleteAdna, I have a similar story but with my management class. I did horrible on my first exam the little difference is that I did not study much for the second exam either and now I have to do a huge come back for my last exam. I'm online student and this is the firs time I hear about smokin note. Maybe it can help me.
ReplyDeletehttp://erickbvu.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure-week-13.html
Adna, Smokin notes has helped me as well... The problem with them is that they do not replace going to class. A lot of students have come to depend on them rather than do the research that is required. I have fallen into that trap and it has affected my studies.
ReplyDelete