Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimiation (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO? 
I posted continently and did not skip any assignments. I think the most important part is staying on track with the blog and not getting distracted. 
2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
My key words were my name and "entrepreneurship". Every post I made had the same name and then the title which makes it much easier to find my blog.
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What your your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?
I did not use social media at all to enhance my SEO efforts because I don't post much on social media at all but that does not mean that I did not get many views on my page. 
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?
The one post that got the most views was "20 percent" and I think this happened because of the interviews that I conducted. People wanted to seem themselves. 
5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?
Yes! If you type in my name and principles of entrepreneurship my blog pops up.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Adna,
    I think you did a really great job on this assignment. I am glad to see that you did a great job as a SEO, those tips you used to keep your blog well advertised are very clever. I wish I did the same. However, I also used some of the same strategies that you used. Good luck, here is my blog link
    http://nataliagarcia2022.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adna,

    I like your approach to this assignment. Certain students that were unable to achieve SEO or find themselves on google may have simply been searching for keywords that weren't very good. It's great that you were able to find your blog on google. I think your next step should be to try and incorporate keywords that pertain to your venture. Best of luck and check out my post! http://josetheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete