The business idea we have if for a company called Roam, The goal of Roam is create affordable and adventurous trips, tailored to the student body here at the University of Florida. We are focused on providing getaways that meet the low budget of any student, while also ensuring high quality programs and excursions. To accomplish this, we would organise mass bulk trips for students from universities across the country to different destinations around the world. Booking on a large scale will give students the low prices they want while also giving them the opportunity to meet other students and make friends.
Existing Market.
What should we be doing that we aren't planning to do?
What do you think we should do next?
Any advice? New Market.
Now as someone who isn’t very eggar to travel and go out of their comfort zone what would you like to see done differently?
Anything that you would like to see done differently?
Step 4: Reflect, in two to three paragraphs, on what you learned about this new market. What surprised you the most? Were any of your expectations/assumptions correct? Does this new market, on second thought, appear to be as attractive as your existing market? And so on.
Maybe a possible option would be to have groups that have their own tour guide and are organized fully hour by hour so but are at a greater price. The people who chose this could get a better lodging arrangement and a few extra features and benefits depending on what they want. This would assure that they still get to experience the amazing trips Roam has to offer but also be comfortable enough to get out of their comfort zone a bit and see the world.
Adna, I do like your venture in creating large groups to travel to the same destination to bring the costs down. You see this a lot when Disney does their high school Graduation night and specialty cruises. I think this is a great idea. As for the people who don't feel there is structure involved that is because it is a vacation and you are the one who structures your trip. I think all you need to do is to provide them with the resources to structure their excursions so that they feel they are in more control.
ReplyDeleteAdna,
ReplyDeleteI love you entire idea. Being someone who loves to travel and have any new experience that I can, I fully support your opportunity. I think having the option to have a more structured trip/more organized or having a almost free to do whatever you want trip is a great idea. This will allow students to pick if they want to do their own exploring or if they would rather have tours and guides. This also would give 2 different pricing options. However, I did not do this exact assignment but here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out. http://wrenmoriah.blogspot.com/
I think your idea is really awesome since most of us have some adventurous inside of us. I personally would take advantage of your product and I know may people who would do as well. Creating the perfect travel package will help everyone make the process fast and easy with no worries that is key to the effectiveness of this idea. If you want to check out my post, here is my link: http://felpar66.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
ReplyDeleteHey there!!
ReplyDeleteI really loved your idea and find it awesome considering I'd totally use it! I love traveling, but the start to planning it and finding all of things to do in the areas are so dreadful. The worst part about a trip is planning every small detail, I would love to just buy something that is already planned out for me! Thanks so much for sharing, check out my post at: http://alexabernie.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html