Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 World Problems

Top Five Problems 
  1. Global Warming 
  2. Extinction of Species  
  3. Clean Drinking Water 
  4. World Hunger 
  5. Overpopulation 

Solutions

  1. A solution for this would be to stop the use of gasoline, burning of natural gasses, burning of coal and even eating beef, because cows are one of the greatest pollutants we face today.
  2. A solution would be to stop allowing companies to dump into oceans, lakes and rivers, to stop companies from cutting down entire forests and ruining ecosystems. 
  3. A solution for this would be to crack down on companies which are destroying habitats and hunters who are hunting animals for sport.
  4. Our food resources are very poorly distributed and if we were to distribute them better we could easily solve this issue.
  5. Some parts of out planet are so over populated that the region can't sustain everyone, there isn't enough drinking water, enough food and soon enough there wont be enough oxygen for everyone. We currently don't have a solution for this.

Essentially all five of my top world problems result in extinction of humans on plant earth, but I placed global warming as the top one because it is the result of the others. Many species are facing extinction because of the rising temperatures, disappearing habitats, and poaching still being legal in many countries. Due to the lack of regulations in many countries companies are free to dispose of waste however they wish, which is polluting the water systems and killing many animals. Secondly the lack of clean water in creating even more irrigation issue in countries around the world because they can not water their plants with polluted water. And with this lack of food in countries around the world over population is the issue because there are just to many people on our planet for our planet to sustain us. We will be the creators of our own demise. 
All of the solutions point at one thing and that is the better regulation of companies who are polluting and killing off our chances of survival. Every government needs to admit that Global Warming is a real thing and that we need to all collectively do something to stop and counter its effects because it will kill us. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey Adna,
    It is interesting to see that you and I share the same beliefs on what the number one problem in the world is. Climate change is huge problem and is definitely the first problem that we should all be focused on fixing. It is even more gratifying to see that you and I also share the number one solution as well. You and I feel strongly about climate change and how crucial for us to change it. We provide similar solutions to this problem and both of our solutions seem pretty doable.

    This is my link: http://brekts.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adna,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I chose Global Warming as my top problem too! I agree with what you said about Global Warming being the result of the others, and that is why I chose my top five the way I did. I found your possible solutions interesting as well! You mention we should stop doing many things, while in my post I spoke more about things we can improve or work on in order to reduce the problem. Different solutions, but they both should be able to give us the same outcome: avoid the Global Warming.
    You did a great job!
    You can check out my blog here: http://theroadtoentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete