Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection


As I was reading I found things out about the psychological risk and thats what stood out the most to me. I was aware of it but I never thought it was such a great risk to an entrepreneur. I understand that loosing a house, and a marriage may be a huge stress but I never considered that a financial crisis may be even harder to bounce back from. I kinda feel that the author is wrong about this and it very much depends on the person. What they value more, their marriage or their finances or the material things they own. It may be harder to bounce back up from a family lose then from loosing their company it just depends on their outlook on life and basically priorities. 
What confused me were the "health effects of being an entrepreneur"because these are things that most people face with age. Insomnia, and headaches are the basic effects of stress that don't have anything to do with someone being an entrepreneur. College students have those same issues because of the stress they face, back problems and indigestion can be caused by hundreds of different things including a desk job which have nothing entrepreneurial in it. 
My questions to the author would be: 

Why are any of these side effects different from the stress that a normal person faces? Sense of time urgency, involvement in multiple projects subject to deadlines, neglect of all aspects of work and tendency to speak faster then most people are things a lot of people face. Once again people like college students fit all of these categories and even thought they are not all entrepreneurs they face deadlines, time limits, and focus on school work only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment