Hello!
My name is Adna Brkanic and I am a Business Management major with a minor in Innovation. Originally, I come from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, where I lived until I was ten. Since then my family has lived in Sarasota, Florida where I went to the International Baccalaureate Program at Riverview High School. While in high school I used my summers to travel back home, to Sarajevo, where I worked at the Sarajevo Film Festival, and then later was invited to Serbia to work at the Exit Music Festival. Through my work there I had the opportunity to meet some of the most important people in my life and create some life long connections.
Graduating from Riverview in 2014, I was accepted into the Innovation Academy program at UF which allowed me to have classes spring and summer, allowing me even more time to travel. The summer and fall of 2014, I spent traveling to Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia, Italy and Croatia. I used this time to work on some online classes but also to just explore Europe. Also since I'm very passionate about photography, I used this time to also improve my skills and get some amazing pictures of cities around Europe.
Coming in Spring of 2015, I felt very disoriented and lost but with time I met a lot of new people and got used to the new system. Once again I used my fall to travel, talking a study abroad in Bosnia and see my family and friends. This limited somewhat because I couldn't travel as much to neighboring countries but I still had the chance to visit Germany, Czech Republic and Croatia.
I'm currently finishing up my study abroad classes because the semesters here and there overlap for about a month and then I plan to apply for an internship I've been waiting for.
I'm still not sure what I want to do in my life but I know I want to continue on traveling and I hope to find a job that will allow me to do so.
 |
| Buna, Bosnia and Herzegovina |
 |
| Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina |
 |
| Berlin, Germany |
 |
| Berlin, Germany |
 |
| Berlin, Germany |
 |
| Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina |
 |
| Zagreb, Croatia |
 |
| Makarska, Croatia |
No comments:
Post a Comment