Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Venture Concept No. 1

Opportunity. 

The opportunity is that college students love traveling and exploring, its the time in our lives where we have the freedom and time to travel but have no money what so ever to afford any of it. So we spend most of our college life in a small college town going home once a month maybe but never venturing any further. If trips were more affordable or even had options to work off the price of the trip, many more students would have the opportunity to travel and see the world. 

I know that if students were to try this once they would love it because having the freedom to travel with friends and explore new places and cities are memories that stick forever. There are many different options of travel today but none are college-budget friendly. No other service out there in my opinion meets this need. The window of opportunity will be open for as long as no one starts a company like this and starts providing students with trips they want and can afford. 

Innovation. 

The basic idea is to create trips in huge numbers for students. Students don't care about the business class flight or the 5 stare resort hotel as much so it is much easier to accommodate cheaper lodging and transportation. Like buying anything in bulk it always comes cheaper and I believe that if large enough groups were to be organized students could be able to get really cheap prices to go to amazing domestic places here in the US as well as to other countries internationally. This idea isn't really about money more about the experience about the traveling opportunity itself, but a way to make money would be commission. For x amount of trips after all expenses are paid for a would make a profit off of each trip. 

Venture Concept. 

As i've said before there isn't anything quite like this available. There are traveling agencies and different event groups in the city but there isn't anything that offers this to students here in Gainesville. Organizations like Trip provide students with hiking and diving expeditions which in my opinion are insanely over priced and don't appeal to students because of the fact that they are very structured and also allow staff and faculty to apply for them as well. 
This idea is different because its not only hiking expeditions, there would be many different options for students like traveling to different cities choosing which excursions they want to go to and which ones they don't and most importantly not having to pay for the once they don't want to go on. Providing these options will mean that everyone will have a unique and different experience in these cities, some might visit the museum or the beach or maybe are there for the gastro tourism. 
Business would be organized very simply, students can vote on where they would like to go next and then from those votes, events would be planed, lodging and transportation arranged and excursions organized for those who want them. There would have to be a lot of planing and checking with venues about housing and transpiration but I believe that after a few trips that with a good team it could be done very effectively. 

The three minor elements

The most important resource would be I believe the student body, of UF but also other participating universities. Students are what would make this work, if they like it they will invite friends and continue to come but if they don't then it just wont happen. The next venture would be to figure out working opportunities for students who want to travel like this. Many really can not afford even the cheap prices, so finding small jobs that they could do for a week or two to pay off the trip would be a really cool way to get this going as well but this would have to be much further down the road. 
In five years it would be really cool to have an organization established with many trips offered all year around to students from all different universities across the world. It would be amazing to give students the opportunity to see the world. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Adna, this is a really interesting idea. I've never heard anything quite like it before. One thing I am curious about though is what would make your service cheap and affordable. I'm sure if it was cheap, you would have plenty of customers that would be interested. I'd just want to see specifically how your service would be cheap. Once you figure that out, I think this is a great idea. Feel free to check out my venture concept for an app called TextSwap here: http://matthewent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/venture-concept-no-1.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea Adna. Although most of barely get to make it a home during the semester, your venture would allow us students to go other places as well. Setting up group traveling would be extremely beneficial, especially on college campuses. I think you can go far with this idea. Check out my venture concept here- http://mudine.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-entire-opportunity-that-my-service.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adna, for this post I looked around your blog to have a base idea about your business plan. Further on, on reading your venture concept post I believe that not only your idea sounds really good, but that you have everything on point. Having it oriented towards students I believe is the formula of success for us young entrepreneurs. Kudos, you can take a look at my post here http://ent3003cesaralfonzo.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a very cool idea. I love to travel and explore areas of the world I am not used to but I have no money to fulfill my adventurous side. I would be an immediate customer once everything was in place. I think the key point to your venture concept is that it is cheap. Nothing gets a college kid's attention like cheap or free things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is great idea to help college students. it is the second psot that i am reading about college students traveling and i really liked because as more people think and create new ideas about travelling it will get easier and cheaper to travel to other countries.
    here is link to my page http://sardorbek07.blogspot.com/2016/03/venture-concept-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete