Monday, March 21, 2016

Amazon Whisperer

By this point in the class, you have a good idea of what your business concept is. The question one might ask now is, "What's next?" What's going to be that next new product or service you offer? Or what's going to be the new market you try to capture?
The story of the Amazon Whisperers provide a great example of how a company is able to find new opportunities, and in this exercise, you'll follow their lead to discover your own next 'opportunity.' 
Here's what you need to do: 
  • Revenue drivers are the different ways you make money. 
    • The ways to make money in this firm would be to earn a percentage off of every student that booked with us. 
  • What's the next thing your customers want?
    • Smaller excursions? 
  • Describe how this "next" thing will enhance your existing product/service offering. Does it improve the user experience, does it increase customer switching costs, does it foster customer loyalty, etc.?
    • It will provide people who do not have the time to take a long trip to take a weekend trip or a day trip with us. 
  • Go to Amazon and try to find a product that is similar to the one you want to offer next. Describe the product. Include a picture of the product.
    • This is a service 
Since my idea was a service and not a product not many of these apply to me. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm not really sure what your product is and the responses you gave were not detailed enough, I still can't tell. I'm guessing your starting a traveling agency? If this is what you are doing, a service that is closely related to yours might be AAA for they assist consumers in scheduling and planning vacations. I would look up touring groups that are offered throughout the world. Big cities might even have short vacation tours. Sorry I can't really tell what your product is, but I hope this helps.
    here is my page: http://mysemesterinent3003.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADNA! HEY <3

    I'm not really sure what to post, since you stated that you couldn't do this assignment because your idea is a service and not a product...
    But feel free to look at my post if you have time: http://adnabrkanicent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete