Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

I was not aware of how large of a section social media marketing was. But the more i thought about it the more clear it became to me. Post are on Facebook, Intagram, Snapchat and even Pandora. Firms can buy and get sponsored adds on all of these platforms. The reason I don't see too many of them is because if the AdBlocker on my computer, so I completely forget about them existing. 
I was not aware of the different sections within social media marketing either. Social media websites have so much demographic information that it's easy for them to target certain age group, sexes and people with certain likes, needs and preferences. Advertising is made a hundred times easier by this because companies no longer have to pay enormous amounts of money for TV adds which might or might now reach their audience. They can post an add on Facebook which they know will definitely be viewed by their target costumers. Not only this but they can get instantaneous feedback. 
Why is mobile marketing it's own special category? Ads that pop up on your phone and computer are the same thing, and the line between computer and phone is getting so blurred together that this category is becoming inadequate and purposeless. This is the only thing i disagree with the author on. 



Week 9: Kuratko Ch. 10 (Marketing Challenges for Entrepreneurial Ventures)

No comments:

Post a Comment