Monday, March 21, 2016

My Unfair Advantage


  1. University of Florida Student Body - Human Capital - college students love travel and their support is crucial in making this happen, good thing that all of the feedback has been positive and most students would love to be a part of something like this. 
  2. Social Capital - Talking to many people about my idea i have raised the social capital needed. 
  3. No need for financial capital - the idea is fairly easy to do because there is not need for start up capital. 
  4. Support from the UF student body - so far the support has been great and all of the feedback has been positive.
  5. UF Resources - UF provides many resources for students everything form printing to 3D printing. 
  6. Target audience is in a concentrated area - The target audience is students ages 18 to 25 which is the population of students here at the university, most of which live within a mile radius of campus. 
  7. Innovation Academy Support - Innovation Academy is a huge supporter of all of the different innovation initiatives that students are doing and if willing to help and support many of them. 
  8. Social Media - Is the perfect way advertise events, get support and get the word out.
  9. Heavener School of Business - Advisors are always available to help students out with developing certain parts of their idea to helping put it into action. 
  10. Innovation Square - Provides all of the resources that one would need to start a business like this one. They have everything from office space to wifi and phone lines. 
Most of the resources named are things most companies would have to work very hard to get but it would be very easy for a firm like this because everything invested into the company would be used right away. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Adna,
    Great work on this assignment! I like how you formulated your list and explained how each one gives you advantages in different ways. After reading your list, I see that I have even more assets than I thought of in the first place. Some of the ideas that you put in your list are actually not in my list, but they affect me as well. Great work! Here is a link to my blog: http://ksnihur.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adna. It looks like you put a lot of though and effort into this assignment. I like how most of your things on your list are simple and easy to expand as you develop your idea further. I also like how you plan to utilize the resources provided by the school, you already pay for them through your tuition and fees, why not take advantage of them. Good luck, unfortunately I did not do this assignment so I can't give you a link to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adna, I wish I would've read your list before doing my assignment. For some reason, I didn't consider all the resources that I have access to via UF. We have numerous professors in the school, each in an expert in some sort of discipline, making retrieving professional help very feasible. As you mentioned, 3D printing also makes it easy to build prototypes of a product.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete