1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.
- I speak Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian fluently
- Photography Skills
- Good under pressure
- Creative mind
- Open minded
2) Interview the five people who know you the best.
Admir is like my other half, I've known him for three and a half years but he knows more about me then anyone else and he's always there for me no matter what. I think he is the most qualified to explain me.
I have known Jake for only two semesters and we have become really good friends in a short period of time. He's very genuine in everything he does and I was surprised by how highly he thought of me. It was really nice to hear all of it.
Ehimy has been my best friend since elementary school, we've stuck together through some really tough times and she knows me very well. I love that she looks up to me even thought she sometimes has everything together more then I do.
Minaa is my roommate and very good friend, she puts up with me on daily basses and i think she has a really good idea of who I am and what makes me unique.
I've known Jean all through high school and we've been through some tough time together but even after it all we have still remained friends, and I think he has seen me grow a lot.
3) Reflect on the differences.
I was not aware of how much my friends come to me for advice, and look up to me for certain thing. I know I'm usually the more mature one but I wasn't aware that they looked up to me. I also wasn't aware that I was such a good cook and that I leave such a strong impression on people, as well as my leadership skills being so good. All in all my friends sort of help me visualise how they see me, and how I sometimes can overlook certain things about myself that they notice.
I was not aware of how much my friends come to me for advice, and look up to me for certain thing. I know I'm usually the more mature one but I wasn't aware that they looked up to me. I also wasn't aware that I was such a good cook and that I leave such a strong impression on people, as well as my leadership skills being so good. All in all my friends sort of help me visualise how they see me, and how I sometimes can overlook certain things about myself that they notice.
Hi Adna,
ReplyDeleteI think that open-mindedness is a really key but under emphasized quality in this business world. It is important to develop your own ideas, make your own decisions, and have your own opinions, but its also incredibly important to be over to overlook these things for the betterment of the project. Accomplishing a common goal with a team is a common workplace constraint, and this becomes nearly impossible when the participants are too stubborn and stuck in their own ways.
Thanks for sharing! Here is a link to my own blog:
http://ablog4c.blogspot.com/2016/03/whats-your-secret-sauce.html
Hi Adna!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a good job on this assignment. The qualities that were described were truly inspiring. I especially like the quality you described as creative mind. I think we are very similar in that way and I have found that quality to be helpful in both personal and professional life. We had a similar experience. You can check out my blog at: http://entgabiefleischer.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html
It's great that you have friends who really respect your opinion. It is interesting that people said very different things than what you thought about yourself. You thought about more practical and obvious qualities, but it is great that others see more unique and subtle things that may make you a good leader. I wasn't able to speak to people about my qualities, but you can see my blog here: http://brientrep.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete