1) The pitch.
The business idea I have is for a company called Roam, the goal of Roam is to create affordable and adventurous trips, tailored to the student body here at the University of Florida. We are focused on providing getaways that meet the low budget of any student, while also ensuring high quality programs and excursions. Although we plan to offer these trips to all universities in the US, to begin with it would be limited only to UF. Essentially, we will organize bulk trips for students from universities across the country to different destinations around the United States as well as the rest of the world. Booking on a large scale will give students the low prices they are looking for, while also allowing them to experience new cultures, see new cities and form new friendships.
2) A reflection on the feedback you received from your last pitch.
The feedback i got was very supportive. Everyone loves the idea, the only advice i got was about the video itself about moving around more and being more dynamic.
"Highlight what makes you different from other companies that are similar. This idea could help make many students lives much easier when looking for trips to take. I wish I would of had this available to help me plan my spring break trip this year because it is very tough to figure out where to go, the best prices, and a solid group of people to go with."
"I would definitely want to sign up for this idea if it ever comes to fruition. I think its a good idea for people our age to go explore the world and be a bit humbled."
" I think this is a very good idea and something I would participate in. There are a lot of things like it already but I think your specific idea is unique."
The feedback i got was very supportive. Everyone loves the idea, the only advice i got was about the video itself about moving around more and being more dynamic.
"Highlight what makes you different from other companies that are similar. This idea could help make many students lives much easier when looking for trips to take. I wish I would of had this available to help me plan my spring break trip this year because it is very tough to figure out where to go, the best prices, and a solid group of people to go with."
"I would definitely want to sign up for this idea if it ever comes to fruition. I think its a good idea for people our age to go explore the world and be a bit humbled."
" I think this is a very good idea and something I would participate in. There are a lot of things like it already but I think your specific idea is unique."
3) What did you change, based on the feedback?
I didn't change much of the pitch itself, i mainly focused on the way i spoke and the dynamics of it.
I didn't change much of the pitch itself, i mainly focused on the way i spoke and the dynamics of it.
Hello Adna!
ReplyDeleteYour idea is awesome! I would love to travel, if I could afford it. Would you be setting up a time frame with the vast amount of excursions? For instance, every week you have people sign up or book for a particular trip. Your video was upbeat and dynamic. You were also very professional. It was also in elevator time, so you made it! Great job! I tried to make my video more upbeat and dynamic as well. Our ideas are very different. My idea is futuristic. You should check it out at: http://entuf.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html
Hey Adna,
ReplyDeleteGreat pitch. Ive commented on a few today and I wanna say yours stands out. I think you are well dressed and the background setting is nice and simple. I can tell you are taking the assignment seriously which i think is good! The only think i can suggest is to project more enthusiasm in your voice. Maybe first practice what your going to say so you don't have to worry about misspeaking, then you will feel very comfortable making your pitch. Great post!