Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2

The pitch. 



The business idea I have is for a company called Roam, The goal of Roam is to create affordable and adventurous trips, tailored to the student body here at the University of Florida. We are focused on providing getaways that meet the low budget of any student, while also ensuring high quality programs and excursions. Although we plan to offer these trips to all universities in the US, to begin with it would be limited only to UF. Essentially, we will organize bulk trips for students from universities across the country to different destinations around the United States as well as the rest of the world. Booking on a large scale will give students the low prices they are looking for, while also allowing them to experience new cultures, see new cities and form new friendships. 

The feedback I got back made me thing more about other people that would be effected by these trips. What if someone booked a room in a hotel with 300 college students? Their vacation would not be as peaceful and relaxing as they planed it to be... but this would be more dependant on the trip or location we'd be going also the number of people going. Of course when planning events the hotel or other lodging organization would in charge of figuring out what rooms to give us, and how to keep all of their guests happy, but when it comes to other people being effected there isn't much there can be done. Maybe there could be a punishment for breaking the rules like being forbidden to go on further trips or being asked to leave, but there is only so much that can be done about someone misbehaving?

The feedback I received make me think more about other people effected about this organization and what it offers. I did not change anything based on the feedback because it was more something to think about when actually creating the trips one by one.

3 comments:

  1. This was very clear and concise-very straight to the point. I think this is a very good idea and something I would participate in. There are a lot of things like it already but I think your specific idea is unique. You should look at how specific UF clubs, like TRIP, work. I would suggest for you to speak with a little more enthusiasm in effort to maintain the audience's attention more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Adna. I would definitely want to sign up for this idea if it ever comes to fruition. I think its a good idea for people our age to go explore the world and be a bit humbled. Your pitch, like Emily said, was clear and straight to the point. Something to improve on may be backing up a bit to show more body language and to speak a little louder. Here's my blog http://joebestblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like this idea but I think next time you should try and highlight what makes you different from other companies that are similar. This idea could help make many students lives much easier when looking for trips to take. I wish I would of had this available to help me plan my spring break trip this year because it is very tough to figure out where to go, the best prices, and a solid group of people to go with. Great http://tonyclements90.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.htmlwork! Here's the link to mine:

    ReplyDelete